3 Fun Mocktails to try this Holiday Season
From Halloween to New Years Eve and every holiday gathering in-between, will feature some sort of bubbly, so by the time January 1st rolls around, we’re ready to dry out. To save your wallet and your waistline this holiday season, try these non-alcoholic beverages or mocktails.
Kombucha is a great alternative to bubbly cocktails as it is naturally carbonated. Plus this sugar-free and caffeine-free beverage can be turned into anyone’s favourite cocktail. Mojito? Try adding mint and lime to your original kombucha for a refreshing beverage that will give you a boost of energy as it is packed with B vitamins and probiotics.
Playa Breeze Mocktail
- 2 Tbsp Crofter’s Wild Blueberry Premium Fruit Spread (or your homemade jam)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2-3 cucumber slices
- 2 oz coconut water
- 2 oz sparkling mineral water
- Garnish with mint & cucumber slices
- Place cucumber into a shaker and muddle
- Add blueberry spread, juice & ice and shake vigorously
- Add coconut water and mineral water and strain into a tall glass over ice
- Garnish with mint and cucumber
If you can enjoy rum and egg nog without the rum then you’re already set! But if you want to add some nutrition to your virgin egg nog try this veg nog recipe from the Choices Nutrition team.
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked for 1 hour in hot water
- 1 160 mL can coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-4 tbsp of maple syrup
- Few pinches of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg freshly grated
- 3/4 - 1 1/2 cups of water
- Drain cashews and combine in a high-speed blender along with 3/4 cup of water with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
Join me on Thursday November 30th at 8:35am on Global Morning News talking about mocktails and getting Sonia to taste them all!
If you enjoyed this post please click like, share it with family & friends or sign up to our newsletter to receive news and updates from Food Yourself.