My Favourite Recipes
homemade tomato sauce
- Heat a large pot at medium heat, add the oil and saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, oregano and thyme and heat for 1 more min.
- Add the canned whole tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer without lid for 20 min
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oregano, chopped
- 1 Tbsp thyme, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra olive oil
- 2 x 28 oz canned tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Turmeric is the queen of anti-inflammatory foods but to get a therapeutic effect we need to consume a lot of it – aim for 1/2 – 2 tsp of ground turmeric a day - I love this recipe because it calls for 1 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric!